Indian inspired dish, that is quick + easy to make in a pinch!
This is a super filling meal, that is vegan friendly + will leave you with lots of leftovers. Who doesn't like #leftovers! It's basically all #vegetables, so this is defiantly a great meal to eat when your watching your weight or trying to reach your health goals!
Please don't be scared by the name! It just means it uses some #Indian spices. Garam Masala can be purchased at just about at any grocery store, I would check out the international aisles for it. It really does add a unique flavor, you've probably only ever had it when you ate Indian food. Now you can cook with it too! It's delicious on eggs, vegetables, + meat too!
This is another great recipe to use whatever vegetables you got in your fridge!
Cauliflower Chickpea Biryani (serves 6-8)
Whats in it:
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 large onion diced
2 cups of cauliflower chopped
1 carrot chopped
Half a bundle of asparagus chopped
Half a yellow bell pepper chopped
1 can of chickpeas
1 tbsp garam masala
4 cloves of garlic minced
2 tbsp of grated ginger
Salt + pepper to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 cups of rice
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp of garam masala
1 tbsp of grated ginger
3 cloves of garlic minced
4 cups of vegetable broth
1 cup of raisins
1 cup of almonds*
1 cup of dried edamame beans*
*I used #bassenuts edamame power that has almond in it already. I would recommend using whatever nut you prefer or have at the time + you don't need the edamame beans!*
How to cook it:
1. Using a medium sized pot, add all the rice ingredients to the pot, bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer with the lid on to cook the rice
2. Using a large frying pan on medium-high heat, melt the coconut oil, add the ginger, garlic, onions, + garam masala, + saute till onions are soft
3. Add the rest of the vegetables, chickpeas, salt, + pepper to the pan + saute till the vegetables are soft. Adding a bit of water to the pan + putting a lid on will speed up the process
4. Once the rice + vegetables are both cooked, add the rice mixture into the pan + stir together
5. Top with almonds, raisins, dried edamame beans, + spicy mayo. (These are all options)
**Nutritional values may vary**
DID YOU TRY OUT THIS RECIPE AT YOUR HOME?
If you enjoyed this recipe like I do be sure to leave a comment/review below or share it on Instagram + tag @koachkarlee.