The most addicting casserole you will ever eat! Great as a meal or as a side dish!
This recipe is adapted from one of my favorite vegan cookbooks #ohsheglows. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to eat a more vegan diet, it is a great starting point. The recipes are easy + taste delicious! This is one of my all time favorite ways to cook #butternutsquash! Trust me on this one, your going to want to try making this. This dish makes a lovely side dish for a special occasion, so if your needing a dish to bring to a party, this is it! Everyone will be super impressed + there isn't many ingredients in it!
If your in a time crunch just buy the squash pre-chopped to save yourself some time!
Feel free to add as many vegetables as you want to this as well! It's also a vegan dish, but adding a bit of #parmesan if your not vegan really adds such good flavor!
Butternut Squash Casserole with Almond Parmesan (serves 4)
Whats in it:
For the squash:
1 butternut squash, peeled + chopped
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp of Himalayan salt
5 garlic cloves minced
1/2 cup fresh parsley or 4 tbsp of dried parsley
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 cup of kale, de stemmed + chopped
For the almond parmesan:
1/2 cup of almonds
2 tbsp of nutritional yeast (sub parmesan or add both)
1/8 himalayan salt
2 tsp of olive oil
How to cook it:
1. Preheat the oven to 400F + lightly oil a 2.5 to 3L casserole dish
2. Peel the squash, take out the seeds with a spoon, chop the squash into 1-inch chunks, + place in the casserole dish
3. Add the oil, garlic, parsley, + salt to the dish, + mix it all together with the squash
4. Cover the dish with a lid (or foil) + bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the squash it tender with a fork
5. While the squash is cooking, make the almond parmesan. In a food processor or blender, combine the almonds, nutritional yeast, salt, + oil. Pulse until chunky or chop the nuts by hand + mix everything together in a bowl
6. When the squash is fork-tender, remove it from the oven + reduce the heat to 350F. Add in the kale, peas, + almond parmesan mixture + mix it all together
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes, uncovered, until the kale + peas are cooked
8. If not vegan, sprinkle with parmesan once out of the oven
**Nutritional values may vary**
DID YOU TRY OUT THIS RECIPE AT YOUR HOME?
If you enjoyed this recipe like I do be sure to leave a comment/review below or share it on Instagram + tag @koachkarlee.